Earlier this week I said that I was going to eat healthier foods, and guess what, I have! Last night I had the luxury of not having any meetings so I decided to whip up a delicious, protein-packed tomato soup. It was so good, and easy to make, that I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.
- 1 box of organic tomato soup
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- fresh basil
- 1 bay leaf
- half an onion
- pinch of cayenne pepper (if you like a little kick)
- Rinse quinoa and place in a pot on high heat. Allow dry quinoa to simmer in pot while you measure out 2 1/4 cups of water. Add the water to the simmering quinoa then bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small skillet, sauté chopped onion on medium heat in 1 Tbsp olive oil until pieces become translucent (about 4 minutes).
- In a large stock pot, combine onions, tomato soup, bay leaf, cayenne pepper and fresh basil. Cook on medium heat, slowly stirring every few minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the soup and stir until everything is evenly incorporated. (Add Italian seasoning, oregano and/or salt and pepper for seasoning)
- Ladle a bowl of soup and garnish with an avocado and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Until next time,